We are giving our parents the opportunity to dedicate their child to the Lord during the Riceville Campus service on Sunday, September 2nd. Please sign up if you would like to participate!
For Consideration: Some things to understand about dedicating your children to the Lord.
- Dedicating ones child is based on a scriptural precedent, rooted in the Old Testament, in which Jesus was presented to the Lord in the Temple as an infant (Luke 2:22-35).
- It acknowledges God s blessing upon children (Isaiah 54:13; Matt 18:1-5; 19:13-15; Luke 18:15-17; Acts 2:39; 1 John 2:12-13).
- It is you, Parents, who we are dedicating. It is a commitment you make in your heart before God, and agree together to live out in your home. The dedication we perform during the worship service is simply the public acknowledgment of your commitment, as parents, to the work of discipling your children.
- You are publicly acknowledging that your children are a gift given to you by God (Gen 33:5; Psalm 127:3-5). As such, they are a blessing, a source of great joy (Prov. 23:24-25), and a great privilege. Ultimately, we recognize they have been created by God, and as such belong to Him, yet have been entrusted to you as stewards (Exodus 13:2, 12).
- You are committing your lives as parents to live by the grace of God in such a way as to be an example of those who honestly and transparently follow King Jesus, desiring to continually place yourself under His rule and reign.
- Your church family and leadership commits to equip you by God s grace to fulfill your responsibility of training disciple makers within your family.